The 13th of June every year marks the anniversary of the second apparition of Mother Mary in Fatima. In this apparition, some of the things that we discussed were:
- Mother Mary requested the children to continue to come on the 13th of every month.
- Pray the Rosary
- For Lucia to learn to read
- Mother Mary also mentioned that Jacinta and Francisco would soon be in heaven.
- Mother Mary assured Lucia that Her Immaculate Heart will be Her refuge in times of suffering.
- Lucia also saw the Immaculate Heart of Mary envelope with thorns. These are the sins of humanity.
Now more than ever, the sins of humanity continue to hurt God and Mother Mary. To name some: abortion; greed; perversion; war; taking advantage of the weak; blasphemy (it is one thing not to believe in God anymore, but is it worse to malign him).
Hence, in the Gospel today, we are all challenged to be light of the world and salt of the earth:
Three things we can do:
- Pray the Rosary. Many miracles have been attributed because of the Rosary: St. Dominic was able to defeat heresy and the victory at Lepanto. There is a story of a fallen away Catholic who started praying the Rosary. He got trapped during 9-11 and instead of panicking, he prayed the Rosary. After some time, rescue came.
- Gratitude. In our prayers, thank God for people who have been a blessing. Don’t forget to pay it forward – we came into this world with nothing, we are leaving the world with nothing but the goodness shown to other people will never be forgotten.
- All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to keep quiet. We are salt of the earth, we are light of the world. We pray for serenity in knowing the things we can change and the things we cannot change.