It is said the key to every success is “Persistency.” It is certainly one of the most common elements.
- A successful person is a story of persistence
- With a person who has lost weight, it is a story of persistence
- In a long relationship, it is a story of persistence
- An accomplished athlete, singer, or artist, all certainly have a story of persistence
- Yes, even in our spiritual life, it is a story of persistence.
In all aspects of our lives, persistence is very important. This is especially true in prayer. Which is what the Gospel is about. Three reasons why we should be persistent:
- The mind is very powerful. What is in our minds, affects our disposition. What is in our minds, affects our decisions. What is in our minds, affects our life. Be persistent in prayer so that worry, fear, anxiety, and depression will have no place.
- God’s Will. When we pray unceasingly, we do not change the will of the Lord. Why change the will of the Lord when it is perfect? When we pray persistently, we get to know the will of the Lord. Just as in the agony of the garden, Jesus wanted the cup of suffering removed, but in the end, it is God’s will that prevails.
- Prayer builds Relationships. When Jesus taught his disciples to pray and started with the words, “Father.” He reminded us that God is a personal God and like any father, “he will do everything and anything for his children.” Hence to deepen the relationship – be persistent in prayer.
With everything that is happening in the world, in our surroundings, and in our lives, God is just a prayer away. Pray persistently to know his will, to have peace of mind, and to deepen our spiritual relationship.