In the world that we live in, remember to look at everything that is happening not only economically, not only politically but also in the spiritual realm. Remember that St. Paul said that the greatest battle is happening in the realm of the unseen – good versus evil.
The Gospel reminds us that good will always prevail. However, the question is, why is evil prevailing?
- The most persecuted institution is the Catholic Church
- The right is made wrong and the wrong is made right
- Just look at the evil doers and all the money they have.
- Nowadays, you cannot even call sin a sin. In a relationship that is not right, they will say you are judgmental when you say that is wrong. But to me, when mothers can abort their children already, and there are people who actually push for abortion, you know that it is a different world already.
Hence in the world that we live in, three things we Christians have to do:
- We are in this world but not of the world. We must remember that we came into the world with nothing and we are leaving this world with nothing. No matter who we are, we stand without any trimmings of the world in the eyes of God. Hence when we aspire for eternal life, it changes our outlook on life, our priorities, our decisions, and our actions.
- Salt of the Earth and Light of the World. There is a saying, all it needs for evil to prevail is for good people to keep quiet. As Christians, we cannot be fence-sitters: right is right even when no one is for it, and wrong is wrong even if everyone is for it. Hence, we Christians need to speak up.
- Come follow me. We are here in this world because God has a mission for each of us. If we are faithful to this mission, we bear fruit and bless other people’s lives. If we are faithful to this mission, we are happy because we have found our place in this world. If we are faithful to the mission, we make this world a better place to live in because we give hope.
We remember the prophecies about the Church – its number will shrink. Why? Because of the persecution, because we think we don’t need God and we can do it on our own, because we would rather serve money than God. For the faithful Christian though, remember in this world that we live in, there is the seen and the unseen, there is good and there is evil. And God will always prevail – In fact, the story of the Church is your story and my story. “Not even the gates of the netherworld will prevail against it.”