In these times, one would notice that the world has lost its moral compass. We do not know what is right and what is wrong. Even worse, the wrong is made right and the right is made wrong. Hence how important and urgent are the words in the Gospel: “The Harvest is Great and the Laborers are Few.”
With the few laborers that are left, one of their greatest source of strength is Mama Mary and for three reasons:
- She is the Mother of Priests – at the cross, Jesus told John, “Behold your Mother,” and Jesus told Jesus, “Behold your son.” It is true with our Mother in heaven, the priests have a very special place in her heart being the “Alter Christus” or the other Christ. Talking about mothers, they will do everything and anything for their children including interceding for her priests-sons.
- She is the model of discipleship – When priests are ordained they promised to serve the Church and her people. In fact, the priests have this vow of simplicity, chastity, and obedience. If a priest is faithful to these promises, it is not easy. But the “yes” of Mary is always a reminder of what true discipleship is all about. It is not easy to pick up our crosses but as Mary has seen and realized in her life, God is faithful.
- She is the protector of priests. In this world, we realize that there is the seen and the unseen. When it comes to the unseen, there is good and evil. In Genesis 3:15, it was said, “And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.” Hence in spiritual warfare, invoking the name of Mama Mary is very powerful and efficacious.
Hence as we prepare for the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, we remember the words of Mother Mary in Fatima:
- First, pray the rosary. A person that you love and who loves you will never be tired of hearing the words, “I love you;”
- Second, pray for priests. No one is perfect; they commit sins and mistakes yet may they continue to serve God and His Church.
- Third, pray for the world. If man has been offending God in 1917 because of our sins, what more now?
One Comment Add yours
Fr. Mon, I found a beautiful prayer for priests from Aleteia, a catholic web page. I pray this prayer everyday for all priests, especially for priests whom I know. You are no. 1 in my list!!!